Friday, March 14, 2008

Wips sticks and pics

Aside from the fact that things are starting to go a little better with work and home here are some pictures and things that are way long overdue.



I must be a wipaholic. I occasionally challenge myself to finish a project in a certain amount of time but lets face it.... some knitters are just not happy unless they have at least 3-7 projects in progress. I'm one of those. Let me start with my current wips I'm actively and progressively working on.





These three are all works in progress that I'm trying to finish and working hard to complete.


The first one is going to be a scarf. Beautiful isn't it? I've been working on it for about a week and I love the yarn. I picked up that yarn at a little shop in Maryland while I was visiting there in December.




The second project there is something I'm probably going to have to frog unfortunately. It was going to be a really cute little hand bag but I changed my mind and now I need that yarn (and those needles that I got in Maryland) for another project that I want to start and I don't think that what I've started so far will work for what I am wanting to make.



That final project on the end there.. you see the misshapen lump of blue and black and white? That beauty is going to be a felted knitting bag when I'm finally done with it. Right now I'm working on the handles and after I finish it I'm going to felt it carefully in the washer. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out but I'm trying to finish it so that I can have it to put the Dr. Who scarf in. By the way I forgot to mention I have ordered all that lovely yarn for the scarf from kpixie.com and it's on its way! I was going to have it be something I was doing as a favor for a friend but I decided that I really wanted to make it a gift so he doesn't know that I've ordered the yarn already and it's going to arrive some time later this month.

As far as completed projects go.. I have a few I want to show off because I'm proud of the way they turned out.



Here we have a scarf and a bag. This used to be a diaper bag but it got repurposed into a knitting bag and I would like to have it back as a small travel bag for my son. This is also the bag I attempted to finish for the knitting olympics the last time and I almost finished it but I was just a little bit off becuase the liner still needed to be sewn in. Oh well. I love it because it was my first attempt at color changes and I thought it came out pretty well. The sheep is a little lumpy but I think the next time I try it I will do better. Maybe make a sheep pillow next time?



Speaking of pillows I have made (some time last year) a pillow that was going to be something else entirely but I got sick of it and just turned it into a pillow. It originally was going to be a baby sweater but after I started it and got the front and back both completed I realized that it would never fit my son becuase he was already too big for it so halfway through the first sleeve I just decided to quit and I didn't know what to do with it until someone suggested that I turn it into a pillow. Brilliant! Even though it is a little lumpy and the edges may be a tad uneven I think it's a great pillow. Again I love the fish even if he is a little odd in color. It's a very tight knit becuase I used a soft baby yarn and it was so thin as to be just sport side of lace weight. The other little critters you see are crocheted amigurumi critters. I have pictured here a flat nosed pig and a snake that I made for my son. I have actually made several other snakes and sold them to classrooms to offset some of my costs of being a knitting loon. I have also made other small critters like these that unfortunately not all of them made it. One unfortunate soul was a dolphin that got sacrificed by my son to the neighbors dog. Oh well. I am thinking about making some small alfalpha filled critters to give my bunny. I would have to use organic cotton though I think. And really not care if I ever saw it again since she would probably chew it up.

I just want to make a small side note here I have not forgotten about WoW, I just haven't played in a while. It's been too time consuming to try and get all of this stuff done and be a full time mom and work three jobs! I'm still trying to come to terms with all of that. I'm working on getting myself back on track with every thing but it's taking time.

Also I have decided to try and make a pattern for the flying monkey from the wizard of oz. I can't find any monkey patterns that I like and certainly none of them are winged monkeys so I will be starting from scratch.

1 comment:

Karen said...

can't wait to see what you come up with for the monkey! glad to see you blogging again :)
xox
sis