Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Warning FOs are in sight

I have completed the knitting bag that I was working so fervently on and it just needs to be felted. Before I felt I would like to take some pictures and say a little prayer but I'm a little bit upset. I realized after I finished the handles that.. it's way too small!! Once it is felted it will be much too small for that scarf to fit in. I need to come up with something else quick. I think it will be ok for the first foot or so but I will only be able to keep the color that I am currently working on in it. I need to get something else put together or use my poor sheep bag for the scarf once it gets kinda long. Drat.

I really hoped it would be big enough but it looks like it's going to be too small for much beyond a sweater. Speaking of which... I have decided that I am going to make a sweater for not only my son and myself but my dad as well. My son's sweater is going to have a transformers insaria on it and I am considering the possibility of making it reversable or even doing two sweaters so that he can have the Autobots and the Decepticons. Apologies to those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. The Autobots are the good guys though and I want to also make it say MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE on the back.

My sweater for myself is going to be tunic length with 3/4 sleeves and split sides up to about hip level. I am always looking for something comfortable to wear to work and I think I'm going to try and make this something that I could get away with wearing at work or at home.

For my dad I think I will make a nice warm raglan style sleeve with a crew neck and garter stitch edging. I am loving this knitters design journal can you tell?

It just takes some careful claculations and knowing your gauge.

As far as projects in the works I am just about ready to cast on my Knight Rider chain mail shirt for Joey and am still waiting for my shipment from Kpixie. The order got lost (!!!!) and so they are going to try and either find it or resend the order. I'm a litle upset becuase I'm trying really hard not to go nuts and cast on a ton of projects but the stuff that is on the needles is running out and I have less to do. That makes me antsy for new projects to get started on. I would probably have already cast on my son's sweater but I'm having a hard time finding a color that I like. Maybe I will get some undyed wool or cotton and dye it myself. Only thing is that it HAS GOT TO BE machine washable since he spills stuff on himself all the time. /sigh

WOW news is lacking since I haven't really had time to play much. My dad got home from the hospital and I went to see him but when I got back my neighbor's dog died and the whole family was devastated by it. I needed to go over there and sit with the kids while they dug her grave and it has just been really rough.

Hopefully things will smooth out soon.

No comments: