Monday, April 14, 2008

Scarf News and Other Projects



I have been working on the Dr. Who scarf and it seems to be going rather well. I'm already on the fifth stripe. I'm waiting until I get farther into the scarf to weave in the ends so it looks a bit like it has some fringe on one side but that will be gone soon. Here are some great pictures of the scarf in progress. It goes purple, light tan, dark brown, gold, red.

I also want to tell you all about a recycling project I'm working on. I recently acquired a bunch of t-shirt pieces through Freecycle and am making them into some grocery bags. Here is a pic of the work in progress.

Beautiful isn't it? I love how vibrantly colorful it is, which was totally unintentional. This is the bottom hem bands of the t-shirt scraps. I can't wait for the first one to be done so I can see how it turns out.

No comments: